Why I'm sick of 9/11...

Posted by Jason Triplett Monday, September 11, 2006

Before you start flying off the handle, and start calling me an insensitive prick, let me first explain why I feel the way I do. I will say first and foremost that I feel bad for all the families involved in this tragedy. That being said, I am sick of the way 9/11 has gone from national tragedy to media circus.

I am sick of the way TV stations and movie studios exploit 9/11 for their own personal gain. I am sick of the way that politicians use 9/11 as a pedestal on which to place themselves higher. You know, 5 years later, we have half a dozen Hollywood films about 9/11, but for all the millions the films cost to produce, there is still no true memorial. 5 years later, ground zero still isn't fully cleaned and restored. 5 years later, moe and more soldiers are dying, and more and more terrorists are trying to kill us. 5 years later and the governemt is still lying about what happened that day.

At what point do we stop treating this tragedy like a free press event? It's a matter of time before we start seeing the official 9/11 pizza, and the twin towers bobblehead. That is the way this is headed. It's 5 years later, and nothing has changed, and that is a greater tragedy and a greater disrespect to the families of those who died.

On this day of national mourning, I recommend checking out the site http://www.letsroll911.org. It is filled with info about the tragedy that our government has kept hidden from us. It lists documentaries which dig into these facts. I also express my condolences for the families involved, and condemn our government for the despicable way in which these events had traspired over the last 5 years.

I said my piece. You don't have to agree, but I thank you for reading.

2 comments
  1. Justin Gain Said,

    I agree 100%.

    Posted on 11:23 PM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    I am with you on that. It's getting very old. Making money off of a tragedy.

    Posted on 7:07 AM

     

Blog Archive

Spider-Man reboot gets a date...and 3-D!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-10-10

Toy Story 3 gets a full trailer!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

New shots from the set of Predators!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

Tyrese to Transform once more!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

Star Trek Online gets HUGE endgame update!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10