Best Free PC Software

Posted by Anonymous Saturday, July 08, 2006

Well after having a 5 hour fuck up and almost losing all my data, I got to thinking! What are some of the best free apps on the web? ( Fyi be very careful if you try to install MAC OSX on your main pc it can cause you hell!!! www.OSX86project.net)

So after a complete reformat I decided I would only use free apps to help keep my pc up to date from viruses and spyware. After a few hours searching around I have developed a list of apps that I find very useful for most pc users.


1. AVG Anti Virus Free Edition

Provides a great anti-virus suite with restoring capabilities with taking very minimal system resources.

Link: http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html

2. Windows Defender

Who better than to protect you from spyware then the people who made it possible to run on your machine...( I like this proggy cause it lets you see what programs are running from where)

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

3. Spybot Search and Destroy

Has a great tendancy to find any spyware Windows Defender may miss. Very easy ui.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

4. U torrent

Not really a defense program but man this has got to be the coolest torrent program I have ever used. It has a great Win32 gui and dosent use java like Azureus which frees up resources.

http://www.utorrent.com/download.php


This is just a simple list I put together for Apps I believed that are very useful. I am sure there are many more and I would appreciate some feedback to what YOU believe is needed in everyday WINDOWS life. Please only refer free programs.

0 comments

Blog Archive

Spider-Man reboot gets a date...and 3-D!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-10-10

Toy Story 3 gets a full trailer!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

New shots from the set of Predators!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

Tyrese to Transform once more!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10

Star Trek Online gets HUGE endgame update!

Posted by Jason Triplett
02-11-10